14.7.07

wineminded: a primer

Ahoy! And to those who have stumbled upon this page: sucker! Ain't nothin' here. Yet. I just started this little blog, and my intention is to chronicle the gestation and birth of my vineyard, and eventually my winery, located in Naramata, BC. Hence the name 'wineminded'. However, the name might be a little misleading, because although it is a very accurate description of me, it will not prevent me from sharing recipes, stories, rants or any other intriguing stuff I might come across. I have no intention of becoming a wine reviewer or critic - there are enough of those on the web - although I will not refrain from commenting on wines I try and find worth mentioning. Althought perhaps I'll change my tune once I've completed the WSET (Wine and Spirits Education Trust) course I plan on taking up in Kelowna this fall! I'll become a complete wine snoot and be unbelievably obnoxious and certain that my palate is more refined than yours... Hum. Prolly not.